This is the open website of the Accessibility Model, and its contents are available for everyone to use.
The purpose of the Accessibility Model is to:
- provide support for and help with the implementation of accessibility, from service development to final release
- support you when you want to take accessibility into consideration in the different lifecycle stages of the service
- provide tools and methods for ensuring the accessibility is realised in practical work
- help you ensure that your service development processes meet the requirements of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services.
The objective of the Accessibility Model is to:
- improve our ability to efficiently produce services that are optimised to work well for all Helsinki residents: Our services are suited for everyone!
- unify our know-how: We take care of accessibility together!
- reduce our dependence on individual suppliers: We have the know-how!
The more accessible a service is, the easier it is to use for everyone. Accessibility and usability are always directly related. By taking special groups into consideration, you can improve the user experience for everyone. Remember that optimal accessibility and usability can only be achieved when the service is created with accessibility in mind from the start. Attempts to add accessibility to a service retroactively or at the end of the process are rarely successful.
Read more about Helsinki’s Accessibility Model, which will provide you with help and support in your own development work. Let us create beautiful and accessible service experiences together! The software developer section is only available in English.
City of Helsinki intranet page (for City of Helsinki employees only).